The National Social Security Fund (NSSF) has broken its silence on the fresh scandal surrounding Temangalo land that businessman Amos Nzeyi sold to the fund but has since refused to vacate.
NSSF last week appeared before the Committee on Commissions, Statutory Authorities and State Enterprises of Parliament(COSASE) to discuss among other issues the Temangalo development project.
In a statement on Monday, NSSF explained circumstances surrounding the matter, noting that in 2008, the fund purchased 463.87 acres of land from Arma Limited and Mr. Amos Nzeyi.
NSSF said the land is comprised in six separate certificates of title, all registered in the names of the Fund. NSSF is also in possession of all six certificates of title.
“At the time the purchase agreement was signed, NSSF and Mr. Amos Nzeyi entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) under which Mr. Nzeyi would retain 104.88 acres containing a farmhouse, paddocks and related developments, in exchange for providing the Fund with suitable alternative land within six months. However, the alternative land provided by Mr. Nzeyi did not meet the requirements of the MOU, and he subsequently resisted the Fund’s efforts to take possession of the remaining 104.88 acres. This resulted in a dispute between the parties,” NSSF said.
“In October 2011, NSSF and Mr. Nzeyi attempted to resolve the dispute. It was agreed that Mr. Nzeyi would cede 50 acres, reducing the land subject to the proposed swap to 54.88 acres, while in return he would provide the Fund with 64.5 acres of alternative land.”
They however said this proposed arrangement was, however, rejected by the minister.
“In February 2013, NSSF and Mr. Nzeyi agreed to refer the dispute to arbitration in order to resolve the impasse. The resulting arbitration award upheld the terms of the original MOU and the subsequent negotiated position of the parties. These provided for a land swap involving land that was equal and suitable, adjacent to land already owned by the Fund, appropriate for the Fund’s planned housing developments, and free of squatters.”
The fund said between 2013 and 2026, two independent valuations were undertaken to assess the suitability of the alternative land provided by Mr. Nzeyi.
The assessments according to NSSF, established that only 10 acres of the land availed was suitable for the proposed swap.
The fund said in une 2026, it issued Mr. Nzeyi an ultimatum to provide suitable alternative land by 30 June 2026, failing which NSSF would take steps to enforce its rights and take possession of the land.
“Following the expiry of the ultimatum, NSSF has commenced the process of applying to the High Court for enforcement of the terms of the land-swap arrangement. This includes seeking the eviction of Mr. Nzeyi from the 55 acres that form part of the 463.87 acres purchased by the Fund in 2008 and subsequently transferred into its name.”
NSSF said the matter is currently before court and assured members of efforts to follow it up to the latter.
“NSSF reaffirms its commitment to vigorously protecting the interests of its members and safeguarding its ownership and possession rights over the Temangalo land.




















