A few days after raiding her homes in Kampala and Bukedea, security and auditors have turned the heat on former Speaker, Anita Among’s office at Parliament.
According to reports, a team of detectives on Tuesday morning cordoned off her office, together with that of the Clerk to Parliament, Adolf Mwesige as investigations into corruption and illicit wealth.
It is said that parliamentary staff in the two offices have since been given strict orders not to report until ordered to do so.
The developments follow a reported closed-door meeting held at State House Nakasero last week, where President Yoweri Museveni is said to have questioned Among over the source of her wealth and recent extravagant spending.
The controversy intensified after reports emerged that Among had acquired a luxury Rolls-Royce Cullinan reportedly worth about Shs3.4 billion, triggering widespread debate on social media, with many Ugandans questioning the source of the funds used to purchase the vehicle.
The matter gained further public attention after the Chief of Defence Forces, Gen Muhoozi Kainerugaba, posted comments on X questioning the lavish lifestyle associated with the Speaker.
In one of the posts, Gen. Muhoozi remarked that despite being the President’s son, he had never owned or even ridden in a Rolls-Royce, adding that President Museveni himself had never used such a vehicle.
Two of Among’s vehicles have since been impounded by police as part of the ongoing investigations into corruption and illicit wealth by the embattled former speaker.
Days later, the Patriotic League of Uganda (PLU), a pressure group associated with Gen. Muhoozi, withdrew its earlier endorsement of Among and her deputy for the next parliamentary leadership, saying it would instead support whoever President Museveni endorses.



































